Thursday, May 24, 2007

migration

Two things you should check out:

1. Google Reader. It's a great RSS aggregator that's really intuitive to use. Wish you could get all your favorite things in one place and know when they are updated? Here's a really simple way. It also keeps track of trends - like what things you read, etc. You can add your friends' blogs, news sites, pretty much anything updateable and see in the left panel when it actually updates. And you can use your google account! Help them take over the world! www.google.com/reader

2. XKCD. This is one of my favorite mathy, geeky comics. Updates 3 times a week, so it's not too intense either. It's always something a little different, and often absolutely hilarious. Be sure to read some of the archives, www.xkcd.com.

Essentially, my computer always looks like this now: Outlook calender, Firefox (tab gmail, tab googlereader), Office Communicator, work files. If you want to find me, I'm always on gmail and reader, scanning for interesting things. My plan is to make this my third "always on" Firefox tab. We'll see if it happens :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Annie, you are so cool that you are beyond description. There I was, thinking, "darn friends, all leaving LJ and going to blogspot, except I have no easy way of checking on all my friends at once on blogspot", and then you solved my problem!

Google really is taking over the world. Now, not only do they read my mail, but they also know what blogs I'm reading. Which is scarier, that they know all these things about me, or that it doesn't seem to bother me?