Wednesday, July 11, 2007

big love

I don't really watch TV. It's not a big thing for me. My parents have always watched multiple shows (it's on all day) but I've always been far more interested in other things.

I'll leave out the part about trashy television, which I have often turned to when I don't have enough things to do and it's too hot to ride.

In any case, HBO's relatively new series "Big Love" is fantastic. Though I'm not a subscription watcher, I've seen every episode and actually remember to go look for new ones during the season. That's a serious endorsement, coming from me.

This is the second season, and I feel as though the show is only getting better as the characters mature. Following Lost's long-arc format, the show follows a polygamist family living in the modern world. Not only does it challenge basic tenets of American life, it also brings an interesting perspective on traditionalism, consumerism, and what it means to be a family.

I'm not a professional review writer so there's not much else I can do for you except encourage you to watch. It's a good story.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

At first I was thinking, "Wait! This is the person who introduced into my sheltered world such classics as "Laguna Beach", "Parental Control", and "My Supersweet Sixteen"!" But then you said you'd leave out the bit about trashy television. ;P